Mears' Safety Policy
Health, Safety and Environmental Statement
Mears considers safety a top priority item in everyday activities. Each person who works at Mears is important, and because of this, it is the policy of the Company to provide and maintain safe and healthful working conditions. We at Mears will follow operating practices that will safeguard all employees and result in safe working conditions and efficient operation. Our success with our Customers, and consequently the overall success of this business, depends upon the individual, his or her personal skills, energies and contributions.
Safe work practices must be maintained and take precedence over shortcuts and expedient actions. An attitude of safety consciousness should be maintained throughout the organization.
- In a Health, Safety and Environmental Program that protects its employees, contractors, customers (or clients), the public and property from accidents, injuries and/or environmental incidents.
- That all accidents are preventable. Our ultimate goal is ZERO accidents/injuries/incidents. Active participation at all levels will ensure that our goals are achieved.
- That Management should provide proper and relevant employee training, job specific safe work practices, and safety guidelines that focus management, employees and contractors on reducing the risk of accidents and/or incidents in all activities.
- That Contractors, subcontractors and contract employees are responsible for fully complying with all health, safety and environmental standards and regulations, and will furthermore, cooperate with management in the continuous improvement of this program.
- In committing to a strong environmental program that reduces impact on the environment in all areas of our operations.
- That Management, contractor management, and all employees are responsible to ensure compliance with Mears policies, best management practices, local government legislation, as well as, regulatory health, safety and environmental requirements. Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and policies will be equally enforced with production, quality, cost efficiency and ethical standards
- That a good safety record is evidence of good management. Managers and Supervisors at all levels have the primary management accountability for the safety and safety performance of all employees who report to them.
- And trusts that all employees will join us in making a personal commitment to continual improvement of safety and loss prevention as a way of life at Mears.
Your involvement, cooperation and personal commitment to safety are essential. Keeping a safe workplace is a Team effort. We need you on this Team.
Together, we CAN make the difference. Together, we CAN prevent accidents and injuries. We must work, every minute of every hour of every working day, to keep each other safe in the workplace.[return to top]